We are hiring! Would you like to join the team?
Working in the onsite wastewater industry requires a range of skills from ‘basic to highly-technical’ with wages ranging from $18 - $45 per hour, plus overtime and benefits.
Western Wastewater Systems (WWS) is a business that does it all, from maintenance and inspection to design and install. We don’t expect every employee to have every skill - we work as a team!
What are you good at & what do you like to do?
Wages start on a ‘trial basis’ relative to your estimated skill level and grow as you grow with us. We reward customer service, innovation, professionalism and we encourage continued education.
Basic-technical skills (skilled labor) $18 - $22
- A good general attitude. On time and eager to do the right thing for the client
- Good with a shovel and know what you are digging for
- A safe driver who can back-up a trailer (class 5 license)
- An understanding of basic tools
- A good organizer & safe worker
- Basic landscaping skills (know how to tidy up the site)
- The ability to take good pictures/notes and upload them to shared cloud programs
- Know your way around Greater Victoria & the abilty to use Google Maps
- A Registered Onsite Wastewater Practitioner (ROWP) or desire to become one
Medium-technical skills (site manager) $22 - $30
- All of the above
- Skilled with septic & drain maintenance equipment (cameras, jetters, augers)
- Skilled in ‘outdoor’ plumbing work as well as excavating & single axle trucking
- An understanding of mechanical/electrical components (pumps & controls)
- An understanding of soils & hydrology (water & soil)
- An understanding of sewage & how to deal with it safely
- Good at research and somewhat mechanically inclined
- Skilled with survey & site layout (lasers, etc)
- Great communication skills
- A great on-site manager
High-technical skills (project manager) $30 - $45
- All of the above
- Great with a computer - organized and skilled with data management
- The ability to research & understand regulations, standards & guidlines (past & present)
- Skilled with Microsoft office, Adobe and drafting programs such as Smartdraw or CAD
- A very clear communicator both verbally and by email
- A great report writer
- A great problem solver & critical thinker
- An ability to understand context, look at things from multiple angles & give honest, objective opinions with clear recomendations & conclusions
- A high level understanding of math and engineering concepts
- A great project manager (organizer & scheduler)
- Great leadership skills and positive attitude